Stylish Beverage Table Ideas for the Holidays
So you’re hosting the holidays this year and have no idea what beverages to serve or how to display them. Fear not, Laura Lily is here to the rescue. I love setting up and hosting a good party. Call me a modern-day Mrs. Maisel. Heck if you’re in Los Angeles and want me to come over and help you set up maybe I’ll start a side business as a party planner. All jokes aside – I’ve had a few friends suggest it and have seriously considered it.
Back to setting up your stylish beverage table ideas for the holidays…
So your beverage station: just as important if not more than important than the actual dinner menu. Since the beverage station will be the first place your guests visit as soon as they set down their coats, you want to have this set up and ready when they arrive.
I’ve got you covered in a few steps:
Items You’ll Need for your Beverage Table:
BEVERAGE TABLE IDEAS – GLASSES
The types of glasses depend on the types of drinks you’ll be serving. No need to get super fancy with which wine glass is for reds and which is for whites unless you REALLY want to put yourself through that.
- One tip for wine glasses is to attach little charms on the stems so your guests can tell whose is whose wine glass.
- Second tip for wine: have a bottle of red and white already open so that your guests don’t have to open it themselves. Leave a corkscrew near the bottles in case another bottle needs to be opened before you can get to it.
- Pour the red wine in a wine decanter for red wine to let is open up and breath.
BEVERAGE TABLE IDEAS – BEVERAGE BUCKETS
- Bottle bucket is, as described, a place to display and chill all your bottles. I used this champagne bucket for all the different types of drinks I service (vodka, white wine, rosé, tequila, and champagne.)
- Ice Bucket: it’s common to run out of ice so make sure to stock extra either in the freezer or if you live where it’s cold enough, outside in a cooler. Make sure to leave ice tongs in the bucket!
- Two things you always need to have at any beverage table are water and non-alcoholic drinks. You can put these in pitchers or dispensers. I bought this three-tier beverage dispenser at Z Gallerie last year and I love it because it comes apart and I can use just one tier, two or all three. I’ve seen it in a few stores. I found a two-tier dispenser here. Since I only had two mixers at this table (lemonade and cranberry juice) I put some faux lemons in the middle as a bit of decor. It’s handy to place a plate underneath the dispenser just in case it starts to drip and you do want the spill getting on your freshly pressed tablecloth.
BEVERAGE TABLE IDEAS – BAR & BEVERAGE TOOLS
- I recently got this handy dandy bar cart toolset that has all the neat gadgets on it to make all kinds of drinks. (PS if you want a super easy cocktail, check out my Beyoncé Cocktail Recipe. You can thank me later. 😉
Add a few extra touches…
- Appetizers (check out my guide on how to make the best charcuterie board that is sure to impress your guests!)
- Table runner (this one is from Z Gallerie and comes in silver and gold)
- Votive candles (in one corner of the table so people know to a) avoid that corner of the table and b) don’t set their arms on fire.
BEVERAGE TABLE IDEAS – ACCESSORIES
For more entertaining guides and inspiration, make sure to check out my 10 tips that every hostess should know, Thanksgiving table setting and my holiday bar cart ideas! All these posts and more are available under the HOME tab in the menu above.
BEVERAGE TABLE IDEAS – TABLE
MORE DETAILS ON THIS BEVERAGE TABLE IDEAS POST:
chairs: Poly + Bark
champagne glasses: Z Gallerie
ice bucket: Home Goods (similar)
rug: Rugs USA
table runner: Z Gallerie
votives: Z Gallerie
wine decanter: Z Gallerie
SHOP MY LOOK: Reformation dress
Thank you for stopping by, hope you enjoyed these beverage table ideas and I cannot wait to see your holiday decor! Click here now for more of my favorite home decor!
Photos by Taylor Schroeder