Katherine from TheStyleTab was so sweet to nominate me for the Leibster Blog Award! I feel so honored thank you! I guess I get to tell you 11 random facts about me and answer her questions below. So, here it goes…
11 Random Facts About Me:
1. I own more clothes, shoes, and accessories than I have space for, but I know where everything is.
2. The only food I cannot say no to are fresh chocolate chip and M&M cookies right out of the oven,
3. I rarely pay full price for anything, there is always a deal or coupon somewhere.
4. I have been in a few talent shows in high school where I sang Whitney Houston, Donna Summer, Leann Rimes and Cher. But I am still terrified to sing in front of people.
5. I fainted on my first date with my now boyfriend of 4 years, Brian.
6. I have a horse named Zcinny (Zzz-IN-KNEE) and I have had him for 9 years. He is a beautiful pure-bred Arabian gelding, all chestnut colored, no markings.
7. Lily, my Golden Retriver, is almost 7 years.
8. I am the shortest person in my immediate family. (I am 5 ‘9″, my mom beats me by 1 inch.)
9. When I was little, I wanted to be an actress.
10. I am looking forward to my high school reunion.
11. I plan to attend London, Paris, and Milan Fashion Weeks someday.
Here are the questions Katherine had for me:
1. Why did you start your blog?
I originally wanted to promote my jewelry line- Laura Lily Jewelry– but posting outfit ideas and events I attended was fun too.
2. What’s your favorite beauty item?
My Bare Escentuals powder foundation. It is so light and gives me a great complexion.
3. Favorite place to shop online?
Oh this is a tough one: Target, Macy’s or Express. They have great return policies.
4. Last song you listened to?
Maroon 5’s “One More Night.” I have loved them since I was in high school.
5. What’s your favorite season?
Fall, the leaves turning (kinda) and all my childhood memories rush back to me with different fall scents. It is also the best time to horseback ride and I love the challenge of putting together. layered outfits.
6. What countries have you visited?
Australia, UK, Dominican Republic, Mexico, Turkey, Thailand, Norway, Ireland, Italy, Germany, Spain, the Netherlands, France, I try to visit a new country and state every year. Next year it will be Denmark and Sweden!
7. Who inspires you?
My mom, she never lets me back down. Chiara Ferragni from the Blonde Salad, she has come so far with her blog and travels all over. Kate Middleton, she is ladylike and a real life princess.
8. If you had to eat 3 things for the rest of your life what would they be?
Pizza, chocolate chip with M&M cookies fresh out of the oven, and…..enchiladas suizas.
9. Books or magazines?
Magazines, unless I have the time to sit down and finish an entire book.
10. Describe your style in three words.
Fun, structured, bold.
11. What’s the best advice you’ve ever received?
“Don’t wait to wear your best outfit, because you never know if you will get another chance”- my college roommate and one of my best friends, Amanda.
Congrads on your award! I’m impressed that you can remember where all of your clothes & accessories are. I forget what I have, but that leads to closet shopping sometimes 🙂
Thanks again for nominating me! I’ll be working on putting together my things today and tomorrow.
Of course Corleen! Happy closet shopping!