25 Things I Learned in 2018 That Will Forever Improve My Life…
- Actions speak louder than words.
- Don’t give your heart to another person until they’ve earned it.
- Kill with kindness. It will always get you further in life than being a bitch.
- Spend your money on trips, not more crap you don’t need. Memories in faraway lands are worth much more than any material item.
- Always weigh your suitcase BEFORE you get to the airport.
- It’s better to pay for two checked suitcases than one suitcase that is overweight.
- The TV show “The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel” is the best thing on TV right now.
- Everyone should visit Aspen at least once in their lifetime. (Aspen travel guide here.)
- Always dress your best. You never know when you’ll run into a potential date or your ex.
- Count your blessings every day and the world won’t seem so stressful.
- If you don’t like your job, your house, your friends than change them.
- Stop saying ” I wish I had” and instead say “How can I get that?”
- No one likes a sob story. We all have hardships we’ve had to deal with. It’s the people that learn and grow from the difficult times that succeed in life.
- Know your worth. With dating, with your job, with other people. I let too many people walk all over me in my life. No more and never again.
- No matter your history with someone, sometimes you just have to let people go and that’s okay.
- Target is both a blessing and a curse.
- Pizza after working out is counterproductive.
- Don’t bid on eBay when you’re hungover. You might actually win that designer handbag you’ve been eyeing but were too scared to spend the money on.
- If you DO win that handbag, make sure you double check which credit card you have on file. You’d hate to accidentally use the wrong one and have to explain the purchase to your mother.
- Laugh at yourself and laugh at life. It’s the best stress reliever there is.
- It’s okay to say no. Learn your limit. Set boundaries with yourself, friends, family, and coworkers. You deserve respect for these boundaries and don’t let anyone tell you otherwise or try and disrespect them.
- It’s never too early in the year to have Christmas cheer.
- Investing in yourself is the best investment you can make.
- If you put time and energy into something, it will grow. If you don’t, it won’t and stop making excuses for why you haven’t.
- We all have the same 24 hours in a day as Beyonce.
I would love to hear what you’ve learned in 2018. Leave a comment below letting me know!
SHOP MY LOOK:
Photos by Alexis Ahrling