Last year I shared 10 secrets about myself. Well, this year I decided to share another 10 things you don’t know about me because one) it’s fun to find out things you didn’t know about other people and two) I’d love for you all to get to know me a little better. So here it goes….
1. I was bitten by a dog on my chin when I was 5 years old. In my Kindergarten picture, I have some nasty stitches on my face. You cannot really tell in my photos now where the bite was because it’s usually covered up by my makeup and the scar healed quite well.
2. I’m actually quite shy. I am a half introvert and half extrovert. If I don’t know anyone at a party or an event, I may shy to the corner until someone approaches me or be awkwardly looking at my phone. However if I am with my friends, family, boyfriend, or anyone I am comfortable with, I am the most outgoing person in the room. Strange, I know.
3. I left my finance job this past April, took my blog full-time and haven’t looked back. It’s been the most rewarding experience of my life and it’s constantly teaching me to be disciplined, creative, and see the big picture in life. Sure some days being your own boss is difficult and I would rather be outside exploring than inside at my desk answering emails, but it’s still a job.
3. I spend most of my life in my pajamas. Working from home is not as glamorous as it seems. I love what I do, but sometimes I don’t see the point in brushing my hair.
4. I actually know a bit about cameras and photography. Being a blogger I figured it was important I learn how to work a DSLR. I take most of the flat lay and beauty photos you see on the blog and my Instagram. There was even a point when I would take my own outfit photos. If you look closely, you can see the little remote in my hand. Hey, it’s not the best option, but it worked at that time!
5. I have an amazing boyfriend. His name is Herman and it’s like he was made just for me. We met at a party in May. I saw him across the room and smiled – the rest is history. You can catch him on my Instagram stories. You guys seem to like photos of him so I’ll post more very soon!
6. I love to bake and have the biggest sweet tooth, however, I am a little intimidated by cooking. Lately, I’ve been printing off one or two new recipes a week from my cooking Pinterest board and testing them out when I need a break from my computer. So far so good! I like to get feedback from people to see how I can make improvements. My friends and family are my taste testers.
7. I don’t like to buy full-priced designer bags. I would much rather find a pre-loved version on sites like Trendlee or Tradesy. With a new bag, I feel so afraid to get it dirty or scratch it. With a pre-loved one, I’m less paranoid. Plus, you can save a few hundred dollars on a used bag!! That’s how I found my beloved purple, black Prada and blue Prada bags. (Can you tell I have a thing for Prada bags?)
8. I have a YouTube Channel where I post my travel vlogs, beauty reviews, and tutorials. I just don’t always share the new videos on the blog. I’ve been trying to post once a week on Saturdays, but it can get to be a lot when I’m posting 4 times a week here on the blog. You can follow me HERE to see my next video (which I will hopefully have up tomorrow!)
9. I’m a Bruin! That’s right, I went to UCLA and majored in Spanish and Linguistics. M junior year I realized I wanted to be in marketing so I did an internship and got a job in the field after graduating. I WISH I would have known about blogging back then. I could have saved myself so much heartache when I was applying for jobs, business school, taking the GMAT, etc.
10. I’m half Persian (my dad’s side of the family is from Iran) and half Swedish (mom’s side.) Unfortunately, I don’t speak very much Persian, but I love Persian food and culture. I took a few classes to learn Persian in college and it was SO difficult! Imagine reading and writing the other way and making sounds with your mouth you’ve never heard before. To anyone who grew up speaking it at home… I envy you.
If there is anything else you’d like to know, just ask! You can leave me a comment below, a DM on Instagram or write me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have a great weekend everyone!
My Look: dress by Shop Tobi | necklace: Charming Charlie | bracelets: Alex and Ani
Photo by: Tony Oberstar